Sterling BB1260 12 Volt 60 Amp DC-DC Converter
Availability: in stock
Now you can smart charge the housebank in your Tow Camper, Boat in tow, or Sprinter Van while driving down the road.
DC Powered Smart Charger, perfect for smart charging your auxillary battery bank in a Mercedes Sprinter or Ford Transit van, Doesnt have the limitations of a tradional relay.
It correctly calculates the charging needs of the house bank and smart charges anytime the boat or van is started and goes into float voltage when the battery is full.
Choose from 9 preset output charge profiles, or set your own w/ a user customizable profile.
1) Multiple Activation Modes: Automatic for most non vehicle applications,
Manual for remote activation.
Regenerative braking (requiring ignition feed),
Automatic regenerative braking, requiring no ignition feed.
2) Input 12v & Output charging at 12V
3) Much larger model up to 3000W coming soon.
4) Current is NOT taken from the input battery and given to the output battery. The B2B uses alternator power to charge the output battery. Manual mode and regenerative braking mode allows you to override this.
5) Safety features:
100% fire proof plastic box.
No screws to corrode.
Thermal power reduction.
Multi stage fan cooling.
The internal heat sink temp is between 158 – 180F. The unit shall drop to half power by this point – additionally reducing temperature.
6) Night Time Setting: Allows the unit to ran at half the power so the fan noise is kept down.
7) Boost / Reduce Charging: The B2Bs ensure batteries get the correct charging profile irrespective of high or low input voltages.
8) B2B turns on at 13.3V and turns off at 13.0V (x 2 for 24V). Thus, does not drain input battery. Regenerative braking mode allows the input voltage to drop to 12.2V (x 2 for 24V).
9) Customizable Profile: Choose your own charging profile on the front panel.
10) 9 preset battery chemistry options: Including AGM, LiFePO4, Gel, Flooded and sealed lead acid.
11) 4 stage battery charging: Thge B2B charges batteries between 5-20 times faster than a stand alone alternator.
12) Very Simple to install: No electronic Control Unit (ECU) issues. No complex wiring. No warranty issues. Fully prepared for smart alternators (regenerative braking).